Tuesday, July 02, 2013

project life

i am amazed with photographs.

especially photos of people i love. i find it really amazing how someone can capture special moments.

I always imagined how it is if my eyes can take pictures without a camera. I have this crazy idea of having my eyes as a camera so I can be able to take a photo of all the wonderful things I saw all through out the years and not just have it stucked inside my memory so i can share it with everyone.

But thats not possible, lol. good thing nowadays we have instagram, facebook, etc,

For the past few days, I have been frustrated and somehow worried that all the pictures that we have taken of my son will be put to waste. I talked to my mom and told her that I am planning to print all of the photos that I have so we can make an album or a scrapbook out of it. My mom is a fulltime scrapper, she also teaches card making, scrapping, etc. but I am not. So she told me about project life.

I did some research and here is what I found from the project life website:

Project Life is a solution-based approach to scrapbooking that was created to simplify the process in order to allow you more time to enjoy life! It requires no glue, no scissors, no tools, and no skills of any kind. The design of our products takes the guess work out of layout design so that you can focus on recording your everyday moments through your photos and journaling. The simple design is stylish and makes it possible for you to complete more pages in less time.
Becky Higgins, creator of Project Life, is a busy wife and mother who is passionate about capturing the little bits of life, and she's making it easy for others to do the same. "It's called Project LIFE because it's about YOUR LIFE. Whatever your life is. Whatever your stage of life. Whatever your family circumstances. Whatever your lifestyle. Project Life is designed to help anyone + everyone get their pictures into a book," says Becky. Her goal is to help others Cultivate a Good Life and Record It.
This back-to-basics approach to scrapbooking appeals to the person who's never made a scrapbook in their life as well as those with experience because it allows you to feel the freedom that comes from letting go of the "guilt" that so many associate with the memory keeping process. Project Life enthusiast Liz Tamanaha says "I love Project Life because it can be anything I want. Simple when I just want to get the basics recorded. Crazy intensive when I have the creative energy for it. And for once, I feel caught up with my scrapbooking."
The Project Life "way" of memory-keeping is so crazy-simple, it has become known as revolutionary in the scrapbooking industry. All you need is one of our Core Kits, an Album, and a Big Pack of 60 Photo Pocket Pages. By pairing your pictures and memories with these basic products, you will be able to document your story in a hassle-free system that results in a complete and beautiful scrapbook. The Project Life line of products has grown to also include many other items that enhance the memory-keeping process for those who want to do more.
All Becky Higgins products are available on Amazon.com (in the U.S.) and also coming to retail locations around the world in May 2013. All Project Life designs are also available as digital components through ACDigitals.com which allows you to use your photo editing software to create your own pages and projects. We have also partnered with Shutterfly to offer photo books in several of our most popular designs.
Whether you choose our physical products or one of our new digital options, Project Life takes the "scrapbooking" out of scrapbooking so you can focus on turning your everyday stories, your celebrations, your challenges, and your big moments into albums to be cherished.
(taken from the project life website www.beckyhiggins.com)
in other words, its actually making a photoalbum with a twist since it has multiple packets per sleeve that you can put not only pictures but little cards or notes that can best describe what the photos are about. its really cool since as much as i'd love to try my hand at scrapbooking i dont think Im that creative. 

Here's a sample that i saw:

photo courtesy of: http://www.nettiodesigns.com

I have already bought a whole set for my "project life project" and will be printing photos of caleb later and try to work on it. Im really excited to start with this project life thingy and ill be posting some photos of what i have managed to work on in the next couple of days.

ta-ta for now while i catch more sleep first.


No comments:

Post a Comment